- He addresses his audience: “ Fellow Jews, and all who live in Jerusalem.” Try to know and understand those to whom you are speaking.
- They were all amazed and perplexed having heard the Wonders of God in their own languages. They were from all over the known world.
- Some said that the new Spirit Filled believers were filled with new wine, so Peter replies, “These men are not drunk as you suppose but “This is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel”. They compared the joy of an intoxicated person with a Spirit-filled person. “JOY in the Holy Ghost” - We need much more of this type of Joy now!!
- Peter Linked what was happening to the Prophecy of Joel 2:28-32.
- He preached Jesus.
- Accredited by God by signs and miracles among them.
- You, Jews, put Him to death - according to God’s set purpose and Knowledge by nailing Him to the Cross.
- God raised Him up from the dead - it was impossible for death to hold Him.
- Peter mentioned David’s prophecy about this in Ps 16 :8-11
- You killed Jesus but God raised Him from the dead : to be both Lord and Christ.
- The response of the hearers : They were cut to the heart saying, “What shall we do?
- Peter replies, “ Repent and be baptised for the forgiveness of you sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit”
1. Preach Jesus in the Power of the Holy Spirit.
2. Remember to Link the present Move of God with prophecies of the past.
3. Always preach the True Gospel - The death Burial and Resurrection of Jesus
4. He finished with pointing out their sin and asking for Repentance and Baptism